Saturday, February 27, 2010

The past few months at a glance... part 1

So i was sitting here in my bedroom at Taurima Christian Hostel in Hamilton, reading other people's blogs and realised that it is certainly time that i updated my blog considering my last post was September 16 2009.

Wow is pretty much all i can say. The last few months, God has been there right beside me through the thick and thin and has taken me on such an incredible journey.

Where to begin??
  • I Well for starters.... i ended up totally loving the rest of my time in Wellington last year at Wellington Nannies College. I graduated from there on December 18th 2009. On our graduation night, it was a time of celebration but also a time of looking back over the past 22 weeks and realising how far we had all come. The friendships we had all made, the experiences we had all shared, the laughter, the tears, the life lessons learnt and the skills gained which will come in handy for having our own children one day - everything about the course was great and the support from tutors was just outstanding

  • When in Welly i attended ARISE Church which was usually based at the Michael Fowler Centre. This was such an incredible church and i really did form life long friendships with people down there. All the people that i got to know were just such an inspiration and support on my life journey and more importantly my relationship with my Savior - Jesus Christ.

    Leaving the people in Wellington was certainly not an easy task but looking back now i realise how much i grew up - both mentally and spiritually (if that makes sense).

  • Throughout my time at WNC, i learnt so much from the course and from the children. I throughly enjoyed the course (even though at times it was hard or i had to step out of my comfort zone) but all in all it was fantastic. I realised during my course that it was Primary School aged children that I had a deeper desire to work with and teach so i enrolled at The University of Waikato after much thought and talking with many people and waited for God to reveal the next part of his plan to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment