Monday, April 26, 2010

SHAVE!

On Saturday, some people in our hostel shaved their heads or dyed their hair an extreme colour in order to raise money and awareness for the Luekaemia & Blood Foundation.

This shaving of their heads got me thinking. I would have cut some of my hair off but this did not seem like much. I would have shaved my head but i kept on coming up with the following excuses:
  • i love my hair and i know i would bawl my eyes out
  • If i wasn't doing a teaching degree then yes i would
The whole time i was watching people have this done, it reminded me of when my brother had cancer back in 2007.

Since Saturday i have continued to think about hair shaving and cancer and a whole lot of other things.

So what is happening inside my brain?

If all is okay with my lecturers and tutors (as i have a solid four week teaching block straight after), then this year during CanTeen's Bandana Campagin, i am going to shave my hair in order to fundraise and raise awareness for CanTeen.

I still know that i will bawl my eyes out, will certainly need a hand or two to hold and i will be scared but I just know that it is something that i need to do at some point (especially after seeing a lot of people doing this on Saturday).

As long as i have the support of Mum, Dad, Ash, N@, friends and significant others in my life, then this thing which seems like a massive task will seem so much easier. I

Will keep you updated with the progress re talking to tutors/lecturers and information about how to support etc.

Till then keep safe and know that God love each and every one of you.

Love and blessings,
Kathryn xox

No comments:

Post a Comment