Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas is on its way....

Okay, so its now the second day of December for 2010 and there is just so much to report about. But for now all I will say is that man I am loving summer even if this is only the second official day.

Will fill you all in on practicum things later as that will be a few blogs worth.

Yesterday advent began and to be honest, I was not sure how Christmas would feel this year (or at least the lead up to Christmas) but so far its amazing. At the moment I am living away from home (Hawkes Bay) again and am spending my lead up to Christmas up at Totara Springs in Matamata - i think I know the Chef there..... hehe

When I moved up here last week, I asked mum if I could take one of her handmade material advent calendars with me so I could still make it seem like Christmas time. So far this is going awesome and I am moving a wee teddy bear along to a different pocket each day of the advent journey.

Also, tonight after Nathaniel finishes work, we are thinking about heading into town and buying a Christmas Tree from the Warehouse and decorating this with a few of the other volunteers tonight so sorting through a whole heap of decorations at the moment :) Hehe, im so happy and excited. Another thing that makes me feel like Christmas is in the air and on its way, is the hearing of Christmas Carols on the Radio etc and now im actually allowed to play them, so guess what im doing while writing this blog update.

On Monday, Nathaniel and I both had off work and so we went shopping for Christmas presents. We went across to Tirau which is like a 15-20min drive and after heading into a few shops and looking at a couple of Art Galleries, we decided to have a look at a Christmas Shop. When I walked into this shop it was literally like walking onto the set of an American Christmas Movie - incredible. Anyway, we decided to start a tradition and buy a single Christmas decoration each which was an awesome thing to do. We will build on this collection each year and who knows how big our collection could be one day :)

From the land of a Happy Christmas Camper,
take care and God Bless,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment