Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lead up to Christmas

I thought that since it is now 2011, I had better do a quick blog about Christmas 2010 and what has happened in life since then :)

This year I was lucky enough to spend my first Christmas with Nathaniel (my family went away for Christmas last year to Nelson so we could not spend Christmas together). Christmas 2010 was certainly busy but will also be a Christmas that I will remember for a long time.

We went to a Wedding at Totara Springs on December 18th and it was also Nathaniel's birthday.

Sunday December 19th included a trip over to Hamilton for the Christmas Production by ARISE Church and also getting soaked in the rain and cold of that day. It was also time to recover from a late night the night before and enjoy a bit of time with each other. It was hard to stay awake even at 7pm on Sunday night so we ended up heading out with some friends from camp, to McDonald's for food. This was so entertaining as im sure so many people thought we were drunk but honestly we weren't - just extremely OVER TIRED!! We then headed over to the Warehouse and did a 15min $5 challenge to see who could find the best item :) This was also another good way to pass time and by the time we got back to camp, we had managed to waste close on 90mins and were certainly ready for bed.

On Monday it was time to pack up my "house", clean it and move into my new accommodation ready for Summer. Nat also needed to clean up his house and we decided to get packed and ready for our trip away for Christmas. Neither of us were very motivated and pretty much no one was at camp this day so cleaning took a lot longer than usual.

Tuesday meant getting up early and travelling from Matamata to Hastings. Amazingly, I was ready to leave by 7:30am.... in fact we were actually onto the main road by 7:30! That would have totally not happened if it were mum and dad trying to get me organised early in the morning... lol. We also went out to catch up with my poppa and cousin before they both headed away for Christmas and New Year.

Wednesday included a catch up with a few people as well as a trim on my hair and tips about styling my hair from my hair dresser. It was good to be able to catch up with my hair dresser again as we always have a laugh or two and enjoy just chatting about the previous few months.
After my hair appointment, it was time to travel down to Palmy and catch up with Donna and Phily!

After staying the night in Palmerston North and Phil and Donna's flat (and talking to almost midnight with Donna), we headed down towards Levin to catch up with Nat's oldest brother and sister in law as well as their children. We also spent time with Nat's mother and helping her sort out a couple of things in her new house. While in Levin, we also went to the RJ's licorice factory and spent about $80 on licorice between us - some was for camp and some was for Christmas presents but still it was quite a bit. Although I guess I can't complain too much as it was much cheaper than buying it at a supermarket. Thursday night we also went out to Rongotea and had dinner with Nat's brother Andrew at his place. Was cool just to be out a major area for a while and just CHILAX!

Friday was CHRISTMAS EVE!!! It was pouring with rain in Palmerston North and so we decided to ditch the rain and head to Feilding to catch up with Nat's sister in law and his nieces and have a quick christmas with them since we wouldn't be able to see them all on Christmas Day. Wow, talk about queues in supermarkets on Christmas Eve. Hehe, we also got a few last minute Christmas Presents and did a simple drive around Palmerston North on Friday night to see some of the Christmas Light Displays. I must say that it truly did feel like Christmas after this apart from the fact that my parents and my brother were no where in sight and we did not go to a midnight service.

No comments:

Post a Comment