Saturday, January 8, 2011

A dream come true :)

I must say that New Years Eve and New Years Day of 2010/2011 has certainly been THE BEST New Years that I have ever had.

Its quite funny actually as I remember when I was younger, I used to sit at home on New Years Eve and our family did not used to do that much at all. I would usually watch a movie that would be on tele and then once it got dark enough, would either head outside or to the window and watch the fireworks going on from a distance. I would always say to myself that one year, I would be right there when fireworks were going off, that I would be dancing the night away and welcoming in the New Year with lots and lots of excitement - rather than watching a movie and falling asleep before midnight :)

New Years Eve 2010 and New Years Day 2011 were certainly the time for that to all come true.

On New Years Eve, I was helping out my man in the kitchen, attempting to tray up 400ish meringues for the supper at the Family Camp that we were having here at Totara Springs. We also watched a movie after doing the supper and then headed over to the Gym around 11:30pm for the last half an hour of the dance that was happening over there and to get ready for the countdown to midnight. It was so awesome just to be able to spend the New Year with my man and all the rest of the Totara Springs family, doing something other than just watching a movie.

We counted down to midnight and a the strike of midnight, 400 balloons fell from the celling and landed on the floor - now just so you know, this was a massively high celling so it actually looked spectacular. We had just walked out onto the dance floor just before the countdown so were able to have balloons fall down on us as the clock struck midnight and since the lights were off at the time, there was also maybe a slight bit of tonsil tennis that went on as well as a "Happy New Year" or two. After that it was outside to watch the fireworks and welcome in the New Year.

15mins later, after a fantastic start to the New Year, it was time to head off to the land of nod and try and get some sleep. Well that was what my flatmate (Sala) and I had intended but our plans soon changed and we had an incredible discussion about 2010 and all that God had done for us as well as so much more. Eventually we got to sleep around 1am and then woke up again around 8ish. No wonder we were tired that day.

New Years Day of 2011 is one that I will remember for years and years and years to come. I thought it was just going to be my boyfriend and I heading up to Auckland for a day off and relaxing offsite and just enjoying each others company while celebrating the New Year. Haha, well it was that as well as so much more.
We travelled up to Auckland as boyfriend and girlfriend that morning but when we headed back to Matamata.....










Well lets just say that we were no longer boyfriend and girlfriend. :(
For some reason though, I was not too sad about this part because I was now ENGAGED and had a FIANCÉ!!!!!

At last, all my dreams of an incredible New Years Eve and New Years Day had come true. It was a great trip back to Matamata that day and still a week later, the smile from New Years Day, is still bright and clear on my face.

Nathaniel Charles Feldon, I LOVE YOU!!!!!

What made this even better was when I got back to Totara Springs and had celebrated with people, when I was heading to bed around 11pm, I got a txt to say that one of my best friends from High School had been proposed to and her and her man were now also engaged - that wa one we had all been waiting for :)

Stay tuned for more info about the proposal and photos will also follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment