Saturday, January 8, 2011

...THE STORY....

Okay, so lots and lots of people have been wanting to know how Nathaniel proposed so I thought that I would do a blog update here with "THE STORY" and you can all read it as you please and refer back to it if you so desire at a later date :)

So we both had the day off work and travelled up to Auckland to just enjoy and spend the day with each other.
When we got to Auckland, he had organised for us to have a romantic picnic for lunch in one of the Bays just around the corner from Kelly Tarltons. After we had lunch, we ended up heading around the corner to Kelly Tarltons and got to see penguins etc which was pretty cool. (http://kellytarltons.co.nz/)

Then after doing a tour and a few other things at Kelly Tarltons, we headed up to Bastion Point which overlooks Rangitoto Island and most of Auckland Harbour. I was taking photos and meanwhile unbeknown to me, Nate was looking around for a place to get down on one knee. He thought he had found the perfect spot and then a busload of tourists arrived and so he quickly changed his mind :)

Ended up walking around the beautiful gardens there and taking more photos. He pointed out a nice place to take a photo through the trees and stuff and so I got out my camera and meanwhile he was getting down on one knee.

Apparently I was taking too long to take the photo and he was tapping me on the back and trying to get my attention for me to turn around. I said "hold on" and finished taking the photo and then turned around and there was my boyfriend down on one knee and holding out a box with an amazing ring in it.
"Will you marry me?" was what he said and I was so surprised. He said afterwards it looked like I was going to pass out. lol

I was jumping up and down and at the same time telling him over and over "you are not doing this". lol It took me about 2 mins to actually calm down and then he got up and said "I take that as a no then?" I was like "no no no..... ah I mean of course its a YES".

Afterwards he hugged me and said that he thought he had better start out 2011 the way he wants the rest of this year and the rest of his life to be :)

I didn't cry but I must admit, I was pretty close.

No date is officially set yet so please do not ask that one just yet but will let you all know asap.

So yea, that is the story and yes there will be pictures to follow but the ring is currently being resized so I can't quite get a photo of that on here for you right now but good things take time so be patient :)

No comments:

Post a Comment