Wednesday, June 8, 2011

so about that list...

Two weeks ago today, I wondered how on earth I would get through the next two weeks of my life and see the light at the end of the tunnel. The list of things that I had to do before the end of semester seemed as if it would never end and the pile of work just seemed to grow and grow. It probably did not help that I was going for the title of "World's Best Procrastinator" at the time - or at least it looked that way.

Two weeks on and the list has basically disintegrated, the pile has diminished and the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter than it has been in a long time - so bright in fact that I feel as if I am outside the tunnel and walking down the path of freedom. Well actually the path of freedom is indeed the one that I now walk, for the next five weeks of my life at least and to tell you the truth, it feels fantastic.

Today at 3:35pm, I handed in my last assignment of the semester and it was such a great feeling - I actually rubbed my hands together afterwards, did a little victory dance in the Faculty of Education foyer, celebrated for a moment or two with colleagues and then headed back home.
So yes, I am now done for five weeks - no study, unless you count wedding planning and engagement party/21st planning in that and I guess that means time to catch up on sleep, relax, go even crazier than normal and enjoy life as much as I can.

To those who are still studying and facing those final assignments and exams coming up, stick at it, knuckle down and work hard and you will be rewarded for your efforts at the end of it all. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it wont get any brighter if you just put off all the work and keep procrastinating.

In the words of the famous Nike saying...
"JUST DO IT"


No comments:

Post a Comment