Thursday, April 21, 2011

HOLIDAYS!!!!

It is now Mid-Semester break for the first semster of university for 2011 and flip, I must say that 7 weeks of university is hard but great. Usually it is only 6 weeks for each half semster and then we get a two week break but this year due to the change in term dates because of the Rugby World Cup, we have done 7 weeks, get two weeks off and then have to do another 5 weeks of uni.

Although 7 weeks is hard, I actually prefer it this way this year because then when we get back to university after the break, there is only five more weeks to go and then it is holidays again - YAY!!!!!

So currently, as I said I am on holidays at the moment and I am spending my first week of the break, in Hamilton at Taurima Hostel. For those who have not caught up with the news from the beginning of the year, I am once again living at this incredible place down Cameron Road in Hamilton East. Yes, it is the same place as last year but this year they have put me in charge of 12 teenage boys - scary thought I know!!!!!!!!!!

There are five of us who are RAs (Residents Assistants) and we are all here to help out the residents, be a big brother/sister type figure and be there for them when they need it.

As there are five of us, when it comes to holidays we can take a break like everyone else does but we still need to do our job as well. Therefore, we all roster our holidays and take time off so that there are always at least two of us here at the hostel and it just so happens that this is my week to be at the hostel. Its okay though, it has given me time to work on assignments, breathe, and just relax. Actually, talking of assignments, yesterday I was so onto it, that I finished an assignment which is not due in till Thursday 5th May - talk about early! Now I just need to finish the one which is due in NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!

It is currently Easter Thursday which means that I only have to last another 2 and a half days - 3days before I can eat chocolate again - yep, I gave it up for lent. I did this last year too but for some reason it seems so much harder this year.....

So tomorrow I head away on my 5ish day break - heading off to the wonderful land of Matamata to Totara Springs Christian Centre so I can volunteer and help out at Easter Camp there.

So that is pretty much it for all the gossip at the moment. I hope that these 8-9 blog updates, all in one morning, kind of fill you in on all the happenings over the past 2ish months!

Will blog more after camp, I promise.

I also promise that I will not leave it this long between blogs again as it makes it hard to recall all the information from a month and a half.!!!!

Take care and have a fantastic easter everyone,

May you all remember the reason for the season this Easter and if you are with family and friends, enjoy it and realy value this time that you are with them.

God Bless, and hope to hear from you soon,
Love and blessings,
Kathryn (Stewart aka Pre-Feldon)
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment