Thursday, April 21, 2011

Silver Wedding Anniversary

On April 5th, 2011,it was Mum and Dad's Silver Wedding Anniversary. I was intially not going to be able to go home for this but then a couple of things happened up here in Waikato and suddenly I was able to go home. It was going to be a good weekend and the best part was that I was going to surprise mum and dad on the Saturday afternoon or evening at their place - or at least I thought I was.

I walked in the door of my parents house on the Saturday night and just as I walked in the door, they happened to be saying that they would not be surprised if I turned up before the end of the night. Hehe, talk about good timing.

So here are a few photos of the night.






Congratulations to Mum and Dad, on 25 years of marriage!
I know Ash and I have not always made it easy for you two but well done on getting this far and I pray that there will be another 25 years at least!





Mum and dad renewed their wedding vows, I caught up with family friends who I have literally not seen in a year or two and had a great time just being at home with the family and relaxing - away from Hamilton, away from Taurima, and away from University.
Thank goodness for this because earlier in the week, I was starting to feel like things were just getting too much and had a bit of a meltdown....

Thankfully, my fiancé - Nathaniel, reminded me that I was going away that weekend and if I could just hold on till Friday then I would be able to "run away".


I also had a scary thought while I was at home that particular weekend - the year that my parents celebrate their Golden Wedding Anniversary, will be the year that Nathaniel and I will celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary!

Hopefully we can get a bit of guidance and support from mum and dad with that one :)


No comments:

Post a Comment