Friday, October 1, 2010

The days are flying by and im not ready to turn those hi's into goodbyes!!!

17 days and the clock is ticking.....

This week it dawned on me, how quickly this year has gone and how amazingly fast this semester has gone. Its all coming to an end so quick and in some ways im excited but in other ways im deeply saddened by just thinking about leaving Hamilton.

I only have just over two weeks left in Hamilton - 17 days to be specific and a few of those days I am not even in Hamilton but will be in Matamata for a Ministry Camp at Totara Springs.

February seemed so long ago and I remember sitting in one of our very first meetings/lectures that day and finding out who would be in our tutorial groups etc etc etc. Thinking back to that specific day, I can remember everything so clearly and I also remember sitting in that massive lecture theatre with every single other first year student who was studying any form of education and there were definitely a lot of us. On that day, we all were thinking that flip this year was going to go by so slowly and to be honest, the first semester did seem to go by quite slowly.

Now im sitting here, in Taurima Hostel, loving my life, loving uni (sometimes) and in love with Hamilton (not quite as in love as I am with Wellington) and knowing that in 2 weeks today, I have finished my second semester of study at Waikato University.

One year is almost down and there is only two years to go!

The next two weeks are going to continue to fly by I know and its quite a scary thought but I know at the same time that they will be incredible weeks. So much to do and so little time.

The end is insight and to be honest it feels fantastic to be thinking about teaching in a classroom for four weeks but I know there will also be many tears shed in the next month - I just don't want to say goodbye... not yet!

TICK............TOCK .......................TICK ..................... TOCK ..................TICK...........

No comments:

Post a Comment