Friday, October 1, 2010

This afternoon as I was walking back from university, I turned into Cameron Road (the road which I live down), and for some reason I thought about that very first day that I tried finding my way to Waikato University - looking at directions on my cellphone, stopping people and asking for directions and realising that I was heading the complete wrong way down Cameron Road and I made the walk about 15 mins longer for myself than it should have been and although I left in plenty of time, I was still like 10-15 mins late for church that particular day....

Thinking about this now is just crazy as all you have to do to get to uni is walk down our driveway, turn right at the end of the driveway, cross the road, walk to the end of the street and walk around the corner (turning left at the roundabout) and then you are on Knighton Road which is where the main gate of uni is - oh man, how the heck did i get lost all those many weeks & months ago? Just reading over that paragraph it sounds a bit confusing but hopefully you understand what I mean.


The first time we head off to do something, it seems so scary and daunting but once you are familiar with the journey you are taking, it becomes much easier to navigate your way through life :)
So anyway, as I said, when I was walking home from uni this afternoon, I thought back to that very first day when I tried to find my way around Hamilton East. This got me thinking about how when we first look at some things in our lives, from a glance they seem so simple but when you are in the midst of that particular thing eg heading to uni, things do not seem so simple anymore. When you are going through that thing it is sooooooooooo much more difficult.

Once we have gone through that particular thing once or twice, it starts to get a little more comfortable and not seem so risky/scary.

The thing is though, sometimes in our lives we can get a little too comfortable and get stuck doing the same routine day in and day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment