Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Last night at Taurima

My last night living at Taurima was an eventful night and I can not believe that the year has come to an end so quickly!!!

After shaving my hair on Saturday, I thought that I had just done the most radical thing of my life but maybe after my last night at Taurima, im not too sure. Anyway,here is a blog which my neighbour Nicole, posted on her blog after our awesome outing on Sunday 17th October 2010.

"Ladies and gentlemen (gentlemen? Do any guys still keep track of my blog these days?), it is official: I am now a Liberated Women. I am free from the constraints society puts on us. Not in an angry-scary-feminist way though, I should point out, since that's vaguely the first thing that comes to mind. I am Liberated in an awesome-free-feminist way. As of Sunday night, I am a member of a secret sisterhood of Liberated Women.

Sounds very over the top, I know. But it was that sort of night. What started with a year-long running joke, spurred on by the fact it was Kath's final night at the hostel, ended with some very intense bonding in the middle of a field and a night none of us will ever forget. It was brilliant. Thank you, Mama Laura!!

So, now I'm no longer running across fields in the moonlight, what is it to be a Liberated Woman? I'm not a hundred percent sure of the definition, or if it's even definable at all. However, there's this quote on my bedroom wall which immediately caught my eye when we returned to the hostel. I think this sums up my particular brand of Liberation quite nicely:

You're only a teenager. You're not yet married, so go with the flow, laugh tonnes, use manners and try something new. Trust your feelings, spend your cash, introduce yourself, take a chance, study hard, seek happiness and regret nothing. Don't laugh at people's dreams and wish on 11:11. Challenge yourself, take pictures and appreciate the memories. You should always make time to dance in your underwear and learn from the past. Play dress up and then take all your clothes off. Have the time of your life."


Thank you to Laura and Nicole for the most epic outing that we have had. Rachel Griffiths, thanks for putting my with my weirdness on that last night.

October 17th 2010 will certainly be a night to be remembered for years to come... and who says that Christians don't know how to have fun. Lol

1 comment: