Monday, May 9, 2011

Grumpy Grouch!

So at the moment I am meant to be placing the finishing touches on a lesson plan which I am to teach tomorrow - instead, I am reading this poem to teach my Year 3 & 4 students, over and over again and its making me crack up so much.

I thought I would share it all with you :)

Grumpy Grouch

There's a grumpy little grouch,
and he gets inside of me.Align Left
I don't like him being there!
I don't like his company!
He makes me groan and grizzle
and go thumping with my feet.
He makes me grouch and grumble
at everyone I meet!
He makes my face all growly
and my lips go poking out!
And he will not let me whisper,
he will only let me SHOUT!

But... this grumpy little grouch
doesn't hang around for long.
He'll vanish like a raindrop
when I sing a happy song!

~ Jill Eggleton

This poem make me laugh so so much because it reminded me of when I was growing up.
It may at times seem like there is a little grumpy grouch inside each of us and that it is something other than ourselves making us grumpy but really we all know better than that.

I remember when I used to be a right grumpy little grouch for my parents and really no matter how hard I tried to blame others, it was always me - me all growly, me poking my tongue and lips out and me shouting instead of whispering. :) Sorry Mum and Dad!

I think sometimes, we need to take on the words of the last paragraph in this poem....

"But... this grumpy little grouch
doesn't hang around for long.
He'll vanish like a raindrop
when I sing a happy song!"

Sometimes we need to remember to sing a happy song and let the grumpy little grouch inside of each of us, just run free - it takes only 17 muscles to smile and a whole 43 muscles to frown. How about we stop making more work for our muscles and just smile :)

Right, time to get back to this lesson plan now,

Miss Stewy (from behind the computer desk) - over and out!

Arohanui

No comments:

Post a Comment