Saturday, July 10, 2010

24 hours of prayer. 168 hours in a week

Just a quick blog entry here.

The last few weeks I have been living and working at Totara Springs Christian Centre in Matamata.

A week ago we had 24 hours of prayer at Totara to pray for up coming ministry camps and also any other prayer requests. During the 24 hours of prayer in the Chapel at Totara, there were two whiteboards that we could write on - one was for prayer requests and answers to prayer while the other was for notes or words of encouragement.

One of the words of encouragement that came up for me during that time happened to be one which I had written inside the front cover of my bible. It was something along the lines of "there are 168 hours in a week, how much of this time do we currently spend with God. How much more of that time do we spend with God?

I found this very challenging for myself as my prayer time was 5am-6am. Normally there is no way in heck that I would be up at this time but because I had told myself that it was for God and that I WOULD DO IT, then I got up. Why would I not do this normally? Also, how many of those 168 hours were taking up by doing other things?

The challenge I want to lay down here is for us to try and stop making excuses in our lives, think carefully about what we do with our time and our week, make God the centre of our lives, set aside time to spend with him, and in return he will bless us abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment