Thursday, July 22, 2010

Belle of the Ball :)

Ballroom Dancing - oh how I have missed you and oh how much I did not realise I actually love you!

Tonight I went with a few friends to Dance Well dance studio in Cambridge and had my first Beginners Class in Ballroom Dancing. Honestly, it was incredible!

I first took some ballroom dancing lessons as night school classes back in 2007 with a friend from school when we were leading up to our school ball. I did this for a term and then for some reason did not continue which when I look back now, I am quite sad that I did not continue.

Taking part in the dance class tonight, I was a little nervous at first but then all of sudden, all the steps for the dances I had learnt back then, were coming back to me. I literally felt more free than I have in a long long time and it was as if all my worries and thoughts were cast away for an hour. It was honestly amazing and I can not wait till we get more into the nitty grity of ballroom dancing and just feel like we are flying across the dance floor :)

One day, I will be the Belle of the Ball, till then I guess its Uni student/hostel resident by day and ballroom dancer by Thursday night!



No comments:

Post a Comment