Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Peanut Butter Trials (Part 1)


What to do at 11pm on a Friday night in Taurima Christian Hostel?

Well I had just finished writing my previous blog and putting things back on my desk now that they had dried after the "Wildberry Herbal Tea" incident.

I then decided what to do and realised that I had to take something back to Caleb, one of the guys in the hostel. This wee trip which was destined to take me to Caleb's room, ended up taking me to the dinning room within our hostel. Caleb was in the dinning room eating a late dinner with a couple of other people and talking.

I sat down and talked with Caleb - I was so excited to tell him about my first donation I had received for my head shave. We chatted for a while and then I felt like eating some toast so I went and put some bread in the toaster and while it was cooking (aka dehydrating), I then debated in my mind what to have on my toast.

I took Honey and Peanut Butter out of the fridge, not knowing which I would have (but certainly not both). Somehow as I was debating what to have, we got onto the topic of what foods or spreads would work well with Peanut Butter. After suggesting a few out loud, Caleb suggested that we should one day have a picnic and TRIAL a whole lot of different combinations.

It just so happened that we had a pen (or two) and paper at the time so whilst I was eating my Peanut Butter toast and while Janina was giving us a Nutritional Report of Peanut Butter, we started to write down possible combinations.

So the list began and continued with things as common as Peanut Butter and jam (aka jelly) to things as strange as Peanut Butter and vegemite! Yes, it is indeed a strange hostel we live in. I must say that even Peanut Butter and Mandarin was on the list of possibilities.

While Kath was so overtired that she was continuing to brainstorm ideas and eat her toast, while Deb was attempting to have success with a Sodoku puzzle, Janina and Caleb we in a dream world of their own. They noticed a bottle of milk was left out on the bench so thought of a smoothie type idea.

This resulted in a Peanut Butter, Milk and then also Milo combination which Deb and I both had already "shot-gunned" to not try. Did we have idiot's stamped on our foreheads? NO!!!
Janina quite enjoyed this combination but Caleb on the other hand did not quite enjoy it as much.Lets just say this did not look neither smell the most appetising. The worst part of this combination was when it came time to do the dishes before lock up around midnight! Crunchy Peanut Butter mixed with milk.... YUMMMMMY!

So now we have a list, and are continuing to add to the list, it is also now 12:38am on Saturday 30th July 2010 so I guess I had better go and get some form of sleep.....

......................................TO BE CONTINUED...........................

Watch this space for more blog entries of "The Peanut Butter Trials", coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment