Saturday, July 10, 2010

Welcome back to Taurima

As soon as I finished at Totara Springs last night and headed back to Taurima with a couple of other people I had a feeling deep inside me that I was heading home. It is amazing how much my fellow hostel buddies mean to me after only knowing them since the middle of Feb or the end of March.

Arriving back at Taurima last night though was a real sense of arriving home. I had so many letters waiting for me in my "letterbox" from other people at the hostel and although there were only a few residents here at the time, it was a great time of seeing everyone again and catching up with people. We did not realise how much we had missed each other.

While I had been away on semester break, it had also been my birthday and so when I got back to the hostel, I had a surprise waiting for me in my room thanks to some of the girls in the hostel. All I had really been told about it was that "X marks the spot" and had been reminded of this for a week or so.




So 270 plastic cups, a few balloons, 6 rubber duckys and what seemed like a bizillion pieces of gliter. WOW, those girls did an incredble job and honestly, it was a much of a fantastic birthday present as it was a WELCOME HOME present!


No comments:

Post a Comment