Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kath's Pink Letterbox!

On the door of each bedroom in Taurima (the hostel that I am living in incase some people have not been keeping up with my blog updates), we all have a little pinboard/noticeboard which we are able to decorate in which ever way we desire (within reason of course).

Last semester in one of my classes, we had made our own envelopes to use as a carrier for a resource we had been making and once I was finished with using this envelope for that particular purpose, I then put the envelope on my door as a "letterbox". This envelope was not pink as the title of this blog would suggest but was made of white paper with green highlighter and ink messages all over it.

I was thinking over my semester break that since it was a new semester coming up, then it was time for a change - a major change....and then I got the results of some of my papers! Well I had passed all of them AMAZINGLY but that is another story for another time. Anyway, yes time for a change meant that it was also time to change my letterbox.

During my semester break, I ended up leading at a Teen's Camp at Totara Springs in Matamata and we had what we call "Warm Fuzzies" going throughout the weekend - each person writes a nice positive note to someone else and puts it in their "mailbox" and then we got to read them at the end of the weekend.

After teens camp, I ended up using my letterbox as my new letterbox for my door at my hostel! its great and although it has taken a big of adjusting (just like the new semester itself has), I am happy!

The main reason for this blog entry.....

This week in general has just seemed like a massively long week. Yesterday when I got home from uni around 5ish, I was not the most happiest of chappies and was just soooooooooooooooo tired. I got home and as I always do, I went and checked my mailbox before I came into my bedroom. I had a present - AN EMPTY CAN OF COKE! Usually something like this, I would have been slightly annoyed about but for some reason I was the complete opposite and just laughed so hard, it was fantastic.

Today was yet another long day at uni and when I got home tonight, I had another surprise in "Kath's Pink Letterbox"! Today's surprise was to do with a personal joke at our hostel and today with Kayaks and Kath! Today when I cleared my lovely pink mailbox, I had 12 Kayaks in there :) Once again I was so tired and exhausted that this just instantly made me laugh and I realised how lucky I am to have such incredible and awesome friends.

I look forward to the continued graffiti that my pink mailbox will receive - it cracks me up so much and I also look forward to the surprises when I return from my daily adventures!

If you don't have a Pink Mailbox (or any coloured Mailbox for that matter), then I suggest you get one... you will never know the fantastic benefits untill you have one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment