Friday, July 30, 2010

HEAD SHAVE IS ON!!!

Last night one of the guys in the hostel who is one of my "Big Brothers" spiritually (even though he is younger than me), last night asked me after we had finished prayer group if I was still okay with shaving my head in order to fundraise for CanTeen in October. The truth was that yes I was kind of okay but I was slightly terrified. I had been telling as many people about it as I could... my theory was that the more people that knew, the less I could back out of it.

He said that he would offer to shave his head as well if that would help and I said that would be fantastic if he could.

This morning was a very productive morning. I decided that I would call my brother and see how he went about raising funds when he shaved his hair the day after my birthday. I also emailed people from CanTeen Waikato to let them know that I wanted to do this, I had been meaning to talk to Ankia (the contact person) for a while but had not got around to it. After talking to Ashley (my brother), I set about to create a fundraising page and then I also decided to make the shaving of my head, FACEBOOK OFFICIAL!!!!

Also, as soon as I made the Head Shave facebook official, I went over to tell our Hostel Chef and
in less than two hours, I had had many comments on facebook and also had at least three other people who said they would shave their heads. So now I guess I had better show them how to set up fundraising pages. :)

At this stage the date is going to be Saturday October 16th but could change depending what is happening in the life of CanTeen Waikato on that particular day.

It has been an incredible day and I just went onto my fundraising page to have a look at something and I have my first $40 already. My target fundraising goal is $1000 so only $960 to go! Anyone else keen to sponsor or get involved somehow, let me know!

Thanks heaps everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment