Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Live for the moment!

First thing is first... uni hostel applications for next year open on Sunday and there are a few of us in Taurima that are wanting to flat together next year at Orchard Park (a self catered uni hostel) if we possibly can. The thing is there are five of us and there are only cottages of 4 or 6 that are available. All us girls had a meeting on Monday night to try and figure out what was happening so we would know when we apply what we are actually doing.

Secondly, there is so much in life that we are afraid of because we fear what is to come. The thing is that that I know for my life personally, God is in control and he will remain in control as long as I let him.

One thing that I have learnt in particular this week is that I need to stop worry or even trying to organise what is happening in the future of my life. Life only happens once and I definitely want to get as much out of life as I possibly can. The more time I spend worrying or thinking about the future, the less time I have to make the most of NOW!!!
A wise friend told me earlier in the week a whole lot of stuff that really made me think. The most of it was that I should not be letting my decisions about next year be based upon what might or might not happen in the next few months. When she said this to me, I was kind of taken back and then as I thought more about it, i realised how much my recent decisions seemed to be depending on what may or may not happen in the future. As I look back over the last few months, there is so much that I have missed out on because I have let my "future mind" influence my "present mind."

This week I have been reminded of a quote that I remember seeing on the wall of the office at my intermediate many many years ago.....
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, thats why we call it the present"

Live for today and not for tomorrow - you never know when life may change drastically or even in some cases come to an end so lets make the most of the time and the opportunities that we have! Be spontaneous, do something that freaks you out, take so many photos, laugh even when you are sad, walk on the wild side of life!

LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment