Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 12 - Church Lunch and Mafia

Usually on a Sunday after morning church, a whole lot of people from church head to different houses for lunch with everyone. Usually however, I end up ditching all of those people and heading back to the lovely land of Taurima Christian Hostel for lunch with my fellow residents and enjoy the afternoon relaxing then head back to church for church later that night.

I always used to go to church lunches in Wellington last year but I until today, I had never been to a church lunch in Hamilton. Today I finally went to a church lunch up here in the wonderful world of the Tron and had a blast.
Thanks everyone for such an awesome time.

Today I also had another new experience - this was playing a game of Mafia and Civilians (or at least thats what I think it is called!)
Basically its a game that involves playing cards. Everyone gets dealt a card and some of the cards resemble Mafia, some resemble doctors, civilians and one person becomes a Sherif.

The game is played through a story of what happens. If you are a member of the mafia, your goal is to kill off all the civilians in the game. If you are a civilian, your goal is to kill off the mafia before they kill you off. If you are the angel, you are on the side of the civilians and share their goal.

Yea, its an interesting game and so awesome to play with lots of people but yup it takes a bit to get what is happening!

Anywho - that concludes my something new for today.

Ta ta for now! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment