Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 5 - Hair Curling and Facebook

Today was the fifth day of doing something new. I really had no idea what to do today so I decided this afternoon (Sunday) that I would paint my toe nails all a different colour. When I went to different people around Taurima to see if I could borrow their nail polish, Caitlin (one of the girls down my hallway) also said that I could borrow her hair curler if I wanted to.

I thought this could be entertaining and a bit of a laugh so I decided that I would try both the nail polish and the hair curling. I thought that if the curls didn't turn out that great then I could always get my hair straightener and straighten my hair again for church at 5pm anyway.

I ended up having a great time with Deborah, curling my hair and we had a fantastic chat and catch up about a couple of things too. What a better way to spend 2-3 hours on a Sunday afternoon (when there is NO STUDY to be done), than by sitting in a bathroom, inhaling hair spray and curling hair! It was awesome.

So much for the painting of the toe nails though - things didn't quite happen with that one but oh well, I can always save that for another day.

I went to church and so many people commented and said my hair looked amazing. I was so stoaked and txt Deborah to say thank you too.

I also decided during Mid-Semester Break, that I spend way to much of my time on facebook so tonight, I decided to let Caleb Botting (one of the guys at the hostel), change my facebook password while I go on a bit of a facebook ban. That was certainly something new. He already seems to be laughing and enjoying himself way to much but oh well.

So as I sit here typing this blog at 11:10pm, I look back on another adventure filled day in my month of something new and look forward to the many adventures still to come over the next 20ish days.

Photos will come once I can get them to Caleb and he is able to put them up on facebook.

Till tomorrow,
take care, sweet dreams and happy adventures.

God Bless,
Kathryn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment