Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 19 - Breakfast at Hotel Maunder!

I first went to Totara Springs back in Summer of this year and since then have pretty much fallen in love with the place. It probably helped that I was already in love with one of the chef's who works there but still, I just love Totara Springs and the amazing environment and atmosphere that fills that place.

I tend to go across to Matamata and visit quite a bit or will just have random trips down south and then end up staying a night or two at Totara either end of the trips.

Although I tend to stay quite a bit with Brett and Heidi Maunder and Charley Goiris at the commonly known "Hotel Maunder", I do not usually have breakfast when I stay there due to being close friends with a chef who lives on sight or just having a taste of camp food for breakfast.

For the first time today (Sunday) I ended up having breakfast at Hotel Maunder and I must say it was an incredible breakfast at that.

Just imagine nice hot crepes, mixed berries, banana, cream, maple syrup, chocolate sauce and other tasty ingredients all wrapped up nicely and then eaten bit by bit, filling up your tummy! YUM YUM YUM!

This breakfast made my own personal rating of the hospitality of Hotel Maunder go from a 5 out of 5 to an 8 out of 5!

Thanks Brett, Heidi and Charley - you three are incredible people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment