Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 7 - Drama Drama Drama

As part of my teaching degree at Waikato Uni, in our first year of training, every week we spend at least one morning or afternoon in a classroom in a local primary school.

For my particular tutorial group, we have our placement on a Tuesday morning at Hillcrest Normal School which is obviously located in Hillcrest.

Today we had our placement for the first time in two weeks and it was certainly different. Three classes at Hillcrest Normal School are putting on a production for two days and two nights in a couple of weeks and one of those classes was my particular base class.

For something new today, I was given the challenge of attempting to help a group of about 10 year 3 & 4 students learn their lines for the production. I think the emphasis here was certainly on attempt. I honestly had no idea what a mission this would be and I also did not remember how hard it was to try and learn lines and how boring this can be at times.

After today's learning of lines, I have found a new respect for teachers who put themselves out there and decide to run a production in their schools - especially in the junior school. Flip its so much work but the outcomes are so rewarding and just seeing the smiles on the students faces.

Day 7 of something new - accomplished!

Bring on day 8 and whatever the rest of the month holds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment