Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 2 - Forest Lakes, RJ's an Maccas Green Frozen Fanta

Today was yet again another day of a few firsts. Im not sure why but I keep wanting to do more than one "first" each day. Im just going about my day and life as normal and then see what happens (rather than actually planning to do something new) and so far this actually seems to be working for me.

So what was something new for today, you may ask?

Well today Nathaniel and I woke up in Palmerston North after crashing for the night at his brother's flat. We then got up and met one of Nat's former work mates for coffee (aka hot chocolate for me) in town and then headed further south.

My new things for today involved FINALLY getting to spend a bit of time at Forest Lakes Camping and Conference Centre. For Nathaniel when he was growing up, Forest Lakes was as much for him as Camp David Adventure Centre was for me. It was so awesome to actually finally get to see Forest Lakes, hear stories and meet more people from Nat's younger years :) Although it was pouring with rain and not the greatest day at Forest Lakes when we went - I still got to see the campsite and realise how much of a ministry this place actually is.

Another "something new" for today was travelling to the RJ's Licorice factory in Levin (on our way back up from Forest Lakes), and buying Licorice from the factory - amazing cheap prices and I think Nathaniel and I probably got about 10Kgs of Licorice for about $50 between us. Its great - especially when doing orders for other people.

Dee who is Philip's girlfriend is addicted to Frozen Coke and Frozen Fanta from Maccas! While Philip (Nathaniel's brother), had worship practice at church tonight, Nat and I took his girlfriend Dee out for Frozen Coke/Fanta. I ordered a Maltesers Sundae which wasn't exactly new while Nat and Dee ordered a Frozen Fanta each. I decided to take a sip or two of this green Shrek looking sludge and although there was a tingling feeling in my mouth and the drink was a bit tangy, it was still amazing! I ended up sipping quite a bit of Nat's Frozen Fanta I must admit but oh well,I don't think he seemed to mind too much.

Right so just recapping for the day..... my new things included:

Visiting Forest Lakes (FINALLY) - CHECK!
RJ's Licorice Factory in Levin - CHECK!
Trying Green Frozen Fanta? - CHECK!


Day 2 of something new has been accomplished.

Till tomorrow, take care and God Bless,
OVER AND OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment