Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 23 - Bleeding Ear and Screwdrivers

Do not be alarmed by the title!

Today I went to class as I normally do on a Thursday and this morning I had decided that I would wear earrings to class - just because I could. Halfway through my drama class, I decided to just fiddle with my earing a bit when we were meant to be doing an activity and a few seconds later I realised that my hand was covered in blood.
MY EAR WAS BLEEDING. Talk about experiencing or doing something new each day! Not too sure how or why but it seemed to be bleeding... *shrugs shoulders*

I pretty much raced to the door of the classroom and then went down the hallway to the bathroom to try and sort out this slight problem of mine. I took the earrings out and my ear was still bleeding. I had blood all over my hands and over my left ear lobe and also down my neck.... blegh! After a couple of minutes it stopped but I was still slightly alarmed by this whole thing....maybe I just wont wear earrings for a while.

A few months ago, one night in my room there were like 6 of 7 random hostel people and then somehow the light above my desk (which is screwed into the wall), ended up coming loose from the wall and the screw fell out. Also, the chair at my desk in my room, I noticed last week was also missing a screw and the back of the chair kept coming off the frame - not helpful at all.

The desk light had annoyed me for quite a few months now and I knew I did not want the desk chair to continue to annoy me so tonight after dinner I decided to do something about this.
My other something new for today was getting a screwdriver from one of the RA's in the hostel and fixing this myself! Yes, I was let loose with a screwdriver in my bedroom and after a bit of trial and a bit more of error, I am pleased to say that the chair is now all together in one piece and as for the desk light, well its securely attached the wall and will hopefully remain that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment